Landart Campi Flegrei
Land Art CAMPS FLEGREI XI EDITION
Artistic practice as part of a social event
4 to October 31, 2015
LEAF is pleased to initiate the procedure of selection of the works that will participate in the international project Campi Flegrei Land Art XI. As part of this exhibition, several sculptures and other projects will be presented outdoors.
Land Art Campi Flegrei is a social activist group that seeks, through art and expression, to create a new way to see, feel and experience the natural beauty that surrounds us.
The international project Land Art Campi Flegrei promotes natural and cultural beauty of the Campi Flegrei region and "Enti Parco" in Campania. The purpose of this project is to create a social network for artists and intellectuals from the region, Europe and worldwide.
The event and the laboratory will be held outdoors and include several other activities, such as theater, contemporary dance, poetry, music, yoga and meditation.
The participating artists are expected to work on ethical issues and social issues, using art and creation as an active tool to promote a positive dialogue with the territory.
The central theme of this year will be: The practice of art as a social activity. The focus will be on the relationship between art and nature through contemporary art.
Conditions of Participation:
1. All work will be made with biodegradable natural materials. The participating artists will not be allowed to use plant seeds or live plants, plastic, glass, paper ink, such as newspapers and magazines, as these materials are inflammables and therefore could cause fires.
2. To carry out the work, the use of organic matter found in nature of the sites and the use of unpainted raw iron, ropes natural fibbers, mineral or vegetable pigments, clays, sands, stones and all that that is 100% biodegradable are allowed.
3. The implementation will be made by the artist in order not to cause harm to people or to the environment.
4. The work must maintain a distance of at least 50 meters from on another, if that condition is not respected, the scientific committee reserves the right to intervene by setting a different location.
5. The work should pertain to and reflect on the theme: artistic practice as a social event.
How to participate:
- To participate artists must complete the application
- Attached (as required by the form itself) two PDF files which do not exceed 5 MB in total:
The first file for the project should contain:
- Information about the selected location (the artist must indicate the precise place where he or she intends to do the work on the map provided. - Downloadable from the website or in hard copy. His or her choice must be clearly communicated and specified to pinpoint the location.
- The model work (pencil or China b / n)
- The technical evaluation,
- A brief description of what you intend to accomplish;
The second file should contain:
- The curriculum vitae of the artist or artists involved;
3. The project submission date is set for June 20, 2015 the h.24.
4. All equipment connected to sketches, in case of possible publication, should be sent in digital high resolution (.tiff ) as requested by the committee;
5. The organization hopes that artists, who intend to participate in the selection of the Compiano inspections, do not forget to identify where their work will take place. This can be done independently or accompanied by a member of personnel of Land Art Campi Flegrei (Period April and May)
6. Those who intend to go to the location will be accompanied for the first time, for their first visit.
7. Visits with the logistics personnel will take place every Saturday and Sunday from 16.00 to 19.00 from Sunday, April 19, 2015 to the end of Sunday, June 19, 2015.
8. It will be possible to register using the following form:
9. The inspection, physical visit, is not imperative for the participation in the competition: the artists unable to do the visit physically can base their choice on the photographic documentation of the locations published on the Bandi site.
10. The installation work will begin on September 20, 2015 and will end October 3, 2015.
11. They will remain in place until their natural disintegration.
12. The initiative is not for profit, and pursues social and ethical participation of artists in a spirit of active citizenship aiming to protect and promote the common good and to encourage international exchange on issues of sustainable future.
13. The road will be open at 11:00 am October 4, 2015.
14. All works and documentation of performance will be published on the official website and www.landartcampiflegrei.com on websites and network of foreign cultural institutes in partnership with the initiative.
15. In order to facilitate the implementation of large-scale works, each artist will search for a sponsor (or private fund), whose name will be highlighted as a project partner on the site and all communication materials and publicity of the event.
The XI edition of Land Art Campi Flegrei is designed and promoted by associations: LEAF
in partnership with the Academy of Fine Arts in Naples ; Goethe Institute in Naples ; French Institute of Naples ; Cervantes Institute in Naples.
It is sponsored by :
Comune Di Napoli ; Comune Di Pozzuoli ; Campania region ; Campi Flegrei Park Authority ;
Private sponsors Cantine Astroni ; Averno Caves ; Wines of the Sibyl ; Movement Campania wine ; Hotel -term stoves Nerone.Associazione Flegrei .